Friday, November 27, 2009

2007 Interview with Master Pilates Teacher Jay Grimes

I pasted a weblink to Pilates Seattle International that contains a 2007 interview with Jay Grimes. It is pretty funny and informative for green instructors, like myself. Grimes mentions how it takes many years, even after completing a training program to effectively teach Pilates, which I can only nod my head up and down in agreement. From experience, I side with Grimes on how understanding mechanics is only the beginning to teaching Pilates. Learning to read the body's story and responding with the appropriate sequence of exercises and cues is a mix of art and science I continuously try to refine in my sessions with each client.

Enjoy!

http://www.pilatesseattle.com/blog/2007/jay-grimes-the-pilates-teachers-teacher/

No comments: