Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pilates Training after Diagnosis and Treatment of Breast Cancer Workshop with Suzanne Martin

I just attended a workshop on using pilates training after diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer with Suzanne Martin. Through this workshop, I learned more about how breast cancer and its treatment may impact ones anatomy, physiology, psychology and social well being. In addition, I learned of the possible medical treatments clients with breast cancer may undergo and recommended training after each type of treatment.

I HIGHLY recommend body movement practitioners who are working with breast cancer survivors and/or who are working with clients who are currently undergoing therapy for breast cancer to take this workshop.

Suzanne Martin is an animated speaker with a comprehensive background in body movement, pilates, and physical therapy. Her dedication to learning about the human body and her enthusiasm to sharing this knowledge is contagious and inspiring.

I have listed her website, Pilates Therapeutics, under my Pilates resource list. On her website, she lists where you can find more information about her workshops, DVDs, and books .

No comments: